Our Circles volunteers make a difference!
The best experiences are when volunteers match their skills with our needs. Take a look at these suggestions and let us know if you’re a fit. For information or to volunteer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 706.883.1687.
Help with planning and presenting annual events.
- Graduation ceremony/reception – decorate, provide food, serve at the reception.
- Plan a family fun night with games, crafts and fun for adults and children – scheduled on fifth Thursdays.
- Empty Bowl fundraiser dinner – recruit sponsors, gather prizes, plan, decorate, provide soup and/or serve at the event.
Circles is a non-profit organization and fundraising is an important part of its annual work.
- Collect items such as craft supplies or books for our children’s program.
- Hold a fundraiser such as a motorcycle ride, coin wars, bake sale or barbecue lunch.
- Provide a meal at a weekly Thursday meeting. We can provide the food, your group prepares, serves and cleans up.
- Participate in a poverty simulation. We need 15 -17 volunteers for each simulation, held throughout the year.
- Resource experts provide one-on-one coaching in an area where you are skilled. For example, credit recovery strategy, job interview coaching and other areas.
- Lead a weekly meeting for our participants and volunteers: topics can include healthy lifestyles, budgeting, goal-setting, job success and more.
- Allies make a 1-year commitment to work in a small group providing support to a family participating in Circles.
- Drivers help with transportation challenges. We often need people to drive a Circles participant to a job interview, to school or resource organizations.